On the stove:
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 small onion or shallot, diced
1/2 small green pepper, coarsely chopped
1 cup quick cooking rolled oats
2 cups water
1 or 2 eggs
salt and pepper to taste
1 Tbsp olive oil
- Saute the garlic, onion, and green pepper in the olive oil in the bottom of a medium sauce pan, for about 5 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Add 2 cups of water to the pot and bring to a boil, add oats, reduce heat and cook 1-5 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent from sticking. I like to wait until most of the excess water is cooked into the oats.
- While the oats are cooking, cook one or two eggs however you like them and serve over the oatmeal.
- Top with cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare instant plan oats according to package.
- Mix in sauteed vegetables, top with eggs and season.
Voila! Breakfast "risotto."